Thanks to all of you for your help with making Dystonia Awareness Month such a success. We're pleased to share some of the key outcome from this years' events:
- The Calgary Support Group was able to get CTV News to cover dystonia awareness month, and the lighting of the Calgary Tower. Click here to see Astrid's interview. Refer to 15:45 within the clip.
- Calgary Support Group joined Global Ne ws Morning to explain what dystonia is, who it impacts and what the groups are doing to raise more awareness about the disorder. Click here to see Astrid's interview.
- MP Mark Eyker, (M.P for Sydney-Victoria, NS) announced Dystonia Awareness Month in the House of Commons to help raise awareness of dystonia. See the video here, live from CPAC.
Dystonia Awareness on Social Media!
- We're thrilled to announce that Jason Young, Support Group Leader in Cape Breton won our 'Dystonia Moves Me' Contest. See the details and Jason's submission here.
- Shelby Newkirk won our Instagram contest for promoting her dystonia story via social networks. Read more about Shelby and her campaign here.
Bringing the Patient Community Together:
- The Montreal Symposium SOLD OUT Early, with over 160 participants in attendance. Thanks to everyone for your support.
- The Calgary Symposium was a success with over 150 participants in attendance! Click here for details, photos and presentations.
- We also hosted ten other support group meetings and events during the month of September.
- hundreds of educational materials, brochures, online shares and promotion took place in communities across the country. Thank you to all of our Ambassadors for getting the word out.
Lighting Up Landmarks for Dystonia:
- See below for some images from the landmarks that have been lit up for Dystonia Awareness Month. Thanks to everyone for sharing.