Do you want to support the dystonia community? Do you have a hobby or special interest you love doing? Need that push to try something new? Here’s an opportunity to let yourself shine while raising funds and awareness for dystonia.
This year, DMRF Canada wants to see you ‘Do It for Dystonia’!
About the campaign:
The spirit of this campaign is to empower people to put their passions, skills, and talents on display in order to raise awareness and funds for dystonia. We want to celebrate how individuals with dystonia succeed in all aspects of life. It can be either something you love to do or something you haven’t tried yet. It can be anything you want it to be! All that matters is that you do it for dystonia – and for yourself.
How To Participate:
1. Set Your Goal: Come up with an idea and set an amount you would like to raise
2. Design Your Page: Describe what you will do and why you are doing it. Click here to create your page on or
3. Tell Them Where The Money Will Go
4. Share Your Message: Tell your family and friends, as well as DMRF Canada of your plans, and share your journey using the hashtag #doit4dystonia
5. Say Thank You: Provide updates. Let people know how close you are to reaching your goal. Thank everyone who donates and let them know they've helped make a difference.
With this campaign, you’ll be tackling your own individual challenges, inspiring others, raising much-needed awareness of dystonia – and inspiring others! Plus you can win great prizes!
DMRF Canada will feature the top five ‘Do It for Dystonia’ fundraisers in the Spring 2021 Newsletter. Please submit your story, along with campaign details by January, 2021.
Looking for Inspiration and Ideas?
Join the Facebook Group DoIt4Dystonia so that you can draw inspiration from others and keep each other motivated! Here are some great ideas from other dystonia advocates around the world
All cheque donations can be sent to DMRF Canada, 209 - 550 St. Clair Ave. West, Toronto, Ontario, M6C 1A5 Canada. Click here to use download a pledge sheet. For any questions, kindly email us at info@dystoniacanada.
We wish you luck. Happy fundraising!
Tag us on: