The Jackson Mooney Patient Grant 2022 is now open.
The Jackson Mooney Dystonia Patient Grant was established to provide financial assistance of up to $5,000.00 for Canadian residents who are living with dystonia, in financial need and committed to enhancing their current situation through furthering their education. You can read about Jackson Mooney's experience with dystonia here.
To qualify for this grant, an individual must:
- Have been diagnosed by a medical professional as having dystonia;
- Be a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident with Canada as their primary home;
- Be able to confirm either: you are in the process of acquiring further education or skills to accommodate a change in career because of your dystonia, and able to demonstrate a financial need due to severely impacted work or lifestyle changes because of your dystonia, or you are in the process of furthering your education through post-secondary education of some kind.
We are asking all interested patients to simply submit a letter of interest to DMRF Canada by April 29, 2022. The letter should include the below to build a case for their selection.
- The applicant's personal situation;
- Demonstrate a financial need; and
- Detail how the applicant plans to use the grant funds to achieve their goals.
Shortlisted candidates would then be invited to submit a full application in June 2022, with decisions to be made by the end of August 2022. Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or call at 1-800-361-8061.
To learn more about past winners please click on the links below:
Note: DMRF Canada reserves the right to award any denomination of funds up to $5,000.00, based on the application, and that reserves the right to award this grant to more than one recipient.