PATIENTS WITH MUSICIAN’S DYSTONIA needed for a research study involving
TRANSCRANIAL BRAIN STIMULATION (TMS) and
FUNCTIONAL MAGNETIC RESONANCE IMAGING (FMRI)
WHAT ARE TMS AND FMRI?
- They are neuroscience research techniques;
- TMS activates neural pathways in the brain, and fMRI visualizes brain activity.
YOU MAY QUALIFY IF:
- You have been diagnosed with Musician’s Dystonia in the right hand;
- You do not have any other neurological or neuromuscular disorders;
- You do not have a cardiac pacemaker or any metal objects present in the head and neck area (e.g. surgical screws, medical device, shrapnel etc.).
IF YOU PARTICIPATE:
- You will be asked to visit the lab located in Toronto Western Hospital (399 Bathurst St.);
- You will be reimbursed for the costs of travel and a meal.
Please phone (416) 603-5800 ext 2708 for further information.